Monday, April 09, 2007

Peace Corps Update

there is no update...
i am floating in limbo somewhere between medically approved for service or "sorry the body God granted you is not fit for Peace Corps." Post my medical application submission, I have experienced some strange new symptoms such as being easily excitable, which led to insomnia, followed by anxiety of "I'm not getting any sleep and i start work in 4 hours" and finally paranoia as i run through my mental checklist of things to do over and over and over.... well you get the point. I think it's been classified as pctsd- peace corps traumatic stress disorder. (just in case my peace corps medical officer is reading this, I'm just kidding about everything i said). Well as my future lays on the desk of a medical officer thousands of miles away, pray that i will have patience in this process. It is comforting to know that God has already picked out the perfect spot for Kristi and myself. He knows where we will be, what we will do, and how He will use us. well my insomnia is wearing off so i better go to bed while i still can.

2 comments:

SvenJosefson said...

Hey on this day 9 years ago, Pol Pot died. Thats not really relevant to the post. Neither is the fact that Modest Mouse's new album is off the chain.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

im so ready!!